All listings for this product
Best-selling in Other Children & Young Adults
Save on Other Children & Young Adults
- AU $63.56Trending at AU $65.54
- AU $24.99Trending at AU $25.77
- AU $30.78Trending at AU $31.91
- AU $69.99Trending at AU $86.11
- AU $41.91Trending at AU $47.65
- AU $22.67Trending at AU $25.34
- AU $10.22Trending at AU $10.51
About this product
- DescriptionPoaching and war damaged an isolated wilderness in West Zambia, reducing its lion population to just one: Lady, the last lioness. Witness Lady's fight for survival in this evocative narrative on the decline, fall, and rebirth of the Liuwa Plains. Follow Lady as she grapples with a landscape altered by human hands and discover how both Lady and humankind restore balance to the environment. More than a story about one brave lion, The Lioness offers a great introduction to life science by looking at the workings of an ecosystem, the methods of scientists and environmentalists, and explaining the interconnection between the plant, animal, and human systems. From the Hardcover edition.
- Author BiographyBRADLEY HAGUE has worked with National Geographic for years, researching and developing television documentaries including the award-winning book and TV series Alien Deep, The Human Fmaily Tree, and Explorer: The Moment of Death. His work also has appeared on the Discovery Channel, The History Channel, and BBC News. From the Hardcover edition.
- Author(s)Bradley Hague
- PublisherNational Geographic Society
- Date of Publication13/09/2016
- SubjectChildren's General Interest & Leisure
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintNational Geographic Society
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight454 g
- Width218 mm
- Height277 mm
- Spine10 mm
- Format DetailsLibrary binding,Cloth over boards
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.