All listings for this product
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $62.20Trending at AU $72.53
- AU $89.64Trending at AU $103.78
- AU $66.82Trending at AU $74.72
- AU $20.99Trending at AU $22.68
- AU $13.21Trending at AU $15.47
- AU $10.20Trending at AU $14.17
- AU $12.94Trending at AU $16.02
About this product
- DescriptionJeff Shaara dazzled readers with his bestselling vels <i>Gods</i><i>and Generals, </i><i>The Last Full Measure</i>, and <i>Gone for Soldiers</i>. Now the acclaimed author who illuminated the Civil War and the Mexican-American War brilliantly brings to life the American Revolution, creating a superb saga of the men who helped to forge the destiny of a nation. In 1770, the fuse of revolution is lit by a fateful command Fire! as England's peacekeeping mission ignites into the Boston Massacre. The senseless killing of civilians leads to a tumultuous trial in which lawyer John Adams must defend the very enemy who has assaulted and abused the laws he holds sacred. The taut courtroom drama soon broadens into a stunning epic of war as King George III leads a reckless and corrupt government in London toward the escalating abuse of his colonies. Outraged by the increasing loss of their liberties, an extraordinary gathering of America's most inspiring characters confronts the British presence with the ideals that will change history. John Adams, the idealistic attorney devoted to the law, who rises to greatness by the power of his words . . . Ben Franklin, one of the most celebrated men of his time, the elderly and audacious inventor and philosopher who endures firsthand the hostile prejudice of the British government . . . Thomas Gage, the British general given the impossible task of crushing a colonial rebellion without starting an all-out war . . . George Washington, the dashing Virginian whose battle experience in the French and Indian War brings him the recognition that elevates him to command of a colonial army . . . and many other immortal names from the Founding Family of the colonial struggle?Abigail Adams, Thomas Jefferson, Joseph Warren, Samuel Adams, Richard Henry Lee? captured as never before in their full flesh-and-blood humanity. More than a powerful portrait of the people and purpose of the revolution, <i>Rise to Rebellion</i> is a vivid account of history's most pivotal events. The Boston Tea Party, the battles of Concord and Bunker Hill?all are recreated with the kind of breathtaking detail only a master like Jeff Shaara can muster. His most impressive achievement, <i>Rise to Rebellion</i> reveals with new immediacy how philosophers became fighters, ideas their ammunition, and how a scattered group of colonies became the United States of America.
- Author Biography<b>Jeff Shaara</b> is the <i>New York Times</i> bestselling author of <i>A Chain of Thunder, </i><i>A Blaze of Glory, </i><i>The Final Storm, No Less Than Victory, The Steel Wave, The Rising Tide, To the Last Man, The Glorious Cause, Rise to Rebellion, </i>and<i> Gone for Soldiers, </i>as well as <i>Gods and Generals </i>and<i> The Last Full Measure</i>--two novels that complete the Civil War trilogy that began with his father's Pulitzer Prize-winning classic, <i>The Killer Angels</i>. Shaara was born into a family of Italian immigrants in New Brunswick, New Jersey. He grew up in Tallahassee, Florida, and graduated from Florida State University. He lives in Gettysburg.
- Author(s)Jeff Shaara
- PublisherRandom House USA Inc
- Date of Publication01/08/2001
- SubjectHistorical & Mythological Fiction
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintBallantine Books Inc.
- Weight857 g
- Width167 mm
- Height244 mm
- Spine42 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.