All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $94.99Trending at AU $106.80
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $81.51
- AU $104.90Trending at AU $118.13
- AU $98.79Trending at AU $108.21
- AU $99.99Trending at AU $107.51
- AU $92.78Trending at AU $106.06
- AU $78.00Trending at AU $86.71
About this product
- DescriptionAfter a life of industrious industrial work, Andre and Lucie have retired to the country. Ather life starts and Andre sets out to 'learn' about the world, the universe and everything in it. As he unravels the secrets of the cosmos, Andre unravels his fragile sanity, and Lucie is left to pick up the pieces. A beautifully simple and tender piece, which echoes Jean-Paul Wenzel's Far away from Hagondange written 25 years earlier. A generation has passed and the terms 'working life' and 'retirement' have taken on completely different meanings. Wenzel reflects on the work that launched his career in a very personal and intimate tone. Rising Blue was part of the National Theatre's 'Channels' project, a series of contemporary French plays read in translation at the Lyttleton.
- Author BiographyJean-Paul Wenzel trained as an actor in Strasbourg, joined the company of the TNS and wrote his frist play Loin d'Hogandange whilts appearing in Peter Brook's Timon of Athens (1973). Jean-Paul also directed extensively.
- Author(s)Jean-Paul Wenzel
- PublisherOberon Books Ltd
- Date of Publication01/06/2002
- SubjectDrama Texts, Plays & Screenplays
- Series TitleOberon Modern Plays
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintAbsolute Classics
- Weight86 g
- Width130 mm
- Height210 mm
- Spine4 mm
- Translated byLin Coghlan
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.