Brand newLOWEST PRICE
All listings for this product
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $16.82Trending at AU $17.29
- AU $66.82Trending at AU $74.66
- AU $92.35Trending at AU $103.70
- AU $59.99Trending at AU $70.66
- AU $13.21Trending at AU $15.45
- AU $23.99Trending at AU $25.67
- AU $17.27Trending at AU $23.62
About this product
- DescriptionSet in wealthy community in Northern Michigan, RISING is the story of nine-year-old Symone who is mysteriously adopted by the Hustons - a shameless family with a house at the top of the hill - after her mother dies of a drug overdose. Although Symone is all too happy to leave the Dorchester projects behind, she can't help but wonder why this rich white couple would come to the ghetto to adopt a black girl who looked white . Soon Symone discovers that the Hustons aren't her saviours, but instead have delivered her into ather kind of hell. Years later, she escapes only to return again, realising that she must face the demons of her past if she has any hope of surviving the future.
- Author BiographyDarnella Ford began writing at the age of nine. She has written several screenplays and one teleplay. She is also a Spoken Word artist and performs regularly in the Los Angeles area, where she lives. Rising is her first novel.
- Author(s)Darnella Ford
- PublisherGriffin Publishing
- Date of Publication01/01/2003
- SubjectGeneral & Literary Fiction
- Place of PublicationCalifornia
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSaint Martin's Griffin,U.S.
- Out-of-print date17/10/2003
- Weight220 g
- Width140 mm
- Height210 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.