All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $29.99Trending at AU $43.23
- AU $14.48Trending at AU $22.53
- AU $9.20Trending at AU $16.11
- AU $43.27Trending at AU $48.72
- AU $30.57Trending at AU $33.61
- AU $11.00Trending at AU $14.44
- AU $21.96Trending at AU $24.99
About this product
- DescriptionMethods of risk analysis and the outcome of particular evaluations and predictions are covered in detail in this proceedings volume, whose contributions are based on invited presentations from Professor Mei-Ling Ting Lee's 2011 symposium on Risk Analysis and the Evaluation of Predictions. This symposium was held at the University of Maryland in October of 2011. Risk analysis is the science of evaluating health, environmental, and engineering risks resulting from past, current, or anticipated, future activities. The use of these evaluations include to provide information for determining regulatory actions to limit risk, present scientific evidence in legal settings, evaluate products and potential liabilities within private organizations, resolve World Trade disputes amongst nations, and educate the public concerning particular risk issues. Risk analysis is an interdisciplinary science that relies on epidemiology and laboratory studies, collection of exposure and other field data, computer modeling, and related social, ecomic and communication considerations. In addition, social dimensions of risk are addressed by social scientists.
- Author BiographyMei-Ling-Ting Lee, Ph.D. Professor and Chairman Department of Statistics University of Maryland College Park, Maryland.
- PublisherSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Date of Publication11/12/2013
- Series TitleLecture Notes in Statistics
- Series Part/Volume Number215
- Place of PublicationNew York, NY
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Content Note10 black & white tables, biography
- Weight700 g
- Width155 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine25 mm
- Edited byGandy Axel,Glen Satten,Mei-Ling Ting Lee,Mitchell Gail,Ruth Pfeiffer,Tianxi Cai
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.