Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $85.57
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $72.97
- AU $74.00Trending at AU $85.24
- AU $79.95Trending at AU $91.09
- AU $46.37Trending at AU $48.13
- AU $81.00Trending at AU $84.05
- AU $20.00Trending at AU $28.33
About this product
- DescriptionThis FAA handbook (FAA-H-8083-2, effective 2009) provides tools to help pilots determine and assess each situation for the safest possible flight with the least amount of risk. Pilots who practice effective risk management possess predetermined personal standards and have formed habit patterns and checklists to incorporate them. This handbook presents methods pilots can use to manage the workloads associated with each phase of flight, resulting in a safer, more enjoyable and less stressful experience for both themselves and their passengers. In the last 20 years, approximately 85 percent of aviation accidents have been caused by pilot error -- often the result of a tendency in flight training to focus solely on the physical aspects of flying the aircraft. The flight instructor who integrates risk management into flight training teaches aspiring pilots how to be more aware of potential risks in flying, clearly identify those risks, and manage them successfully -- leading to a solid understanding of how to avoid the most common pilot errors. This comprehensive manual covers subjects such as human behavior, identifying and mitigating risk, aeronautical decision-making, single-pilot resource management, automation, and risk management training. Appendices contain checklists and scenarios to aid in setting personal minimums, sample risk management scenarios, and a controlled flight into terrain (CFIT) checklist.
- Author BiographyThe Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) is the government agency that regulates and sets standards for the aviation industry.
- Author(s)Aviation Supplies & Academics (ASA),Federal Aviation Administration (FAA)
- PublisherAviation Supplies & Academics Inc
- Date of Publication01/06/2009
- SubjectEngineering & Technology: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Series TitleFAA Handbooks Series
- Place of PublicationNewcastle
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintAviation Supplies & Academics Inc
- Content NoteColor photos throughout, color illustrations throughout, tables throughout
- Weight257 g
- Width210 mm
- Height273 mm
- Spine8 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.