All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $46.25Trending at AU $49.54
- AU $3.75Trending at AU $7.40
- AU $27.04Trending at AU $31.95
- AU $70.89Trending at AU $79.84
- AU $20.50Trending at AU $24.15
- AU $22.60Trending at AU $23.10
- AU $17.07Trending at AU $23.45
About this product
- DescriptionIn any organization, risk plays a huge role in the success or failure of any business endeavour. Measuring and managing risk is a difficult and often complicated task and the global financial crisis of the late ughties can be traced to a worldwide deficiency in risk management regimes. One of the problems in understanding how best to manage risk is a lack of detailed examples of real world practice. In this accessible textbook the author sets the world of risk management in the context of the broader corporate governance agenda, as well as explaining the core elements of a risk management system. Material on the differences between risk management and internal auditing is supplemented by a section on the professionalization of risk - a relatively contemporary evolution. Enterprise risk management is also fully covered. With a detailed array of risk management cases - including Tesco, RBS and the UK government - lecturers will find this a uniquely well researched resource, supplemented by materials that enable the cases to be easily integrated into the classroom. Risk managers will be delighted with the case materials made available for the first time with the publication of this book.
- Author BiographyMargaret Woods is Reader in Accounting at Aston Business School, Aston University, UK and the founder and co-ordinator of the European Risk Research Forum. She has published numerous articles in both academic and practitioner journals and her research on bank risk and related issues has garnered local, national and international media interest.
- Author(s)Margaret Woods
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication23/06/2011
- SubjectManagement & Business: General
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Note51 black & white illustrations, 22 black & white tables, 29 black & white line drawings
- Weight440 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine13 mm
- Format DetailsPaper over boards
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.