CURRENTLY SOLD OUT
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $30.28Trending at AU $32.13
- AU $74.97Trending at AU $77.01
- AU $12.53Trending at AU $13.05
- AU $46.02Trending at AU $53.13
- AU $17.58Trending at AU $18.15
- AU $28.95Trending at AU $31.76
- AU $12.15Trending at AU $14.05
About this product
- DescriptionGeorge Young, a world-weary insurance lawyer in New York City, has taken his fair share of kcks and bruises in the business of credit, bankruptcy, and fraud cases. One Friday he receives an unusual request from the elderly and ailing widow of Wilson Corbett, the founder of the firm George has worked for all his life. At first it seems one more unwanted call on his time, but loyalty to his former boss won't let him igre it, for the elderly Mrs Corbett has recently lost her son and she wants the truth about his fatal accident. A former high-flier, Roger Corbett's career - and marriage - had fallen apart in the credit crunch, costing him millions. But what was written on the piece of paper which distracted him seconds before he was run down by a garbage truck out side a New York bar? Roger's new girlfriend, a mysterious Czech model with dubious Russian connections, kws more about his last moments than she's letting on, everyone is warning him off, while Mrs Corbett's reasons for choosing George for this last personal favor remain frustratingly unclear.
- Author BiographyColin Harrison is the deputy editor of Harper's magazine and the author of Bodies Electric, Break and Enter and Afterburn. He lives with his wife, novelist Kathryn Harrison, in Brooklyn, USA.
- Author(s)Colin Harrison
- PublisherBloomsbury Publishing PLC
- Date of Publication01/02/2010
- SubjectGeneral & Literary Fiction
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintBloomsbury Publishing PLC
- Width129 mm
- Height198 mm
- Spine12 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.