All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $35.30Trending at AU $38.10
- AU $8.59Trending at AU $13.98
- AU $15.52Trending at AU $23.38
- AU $30.82Trending at AU $34.99
- AU $32.75Trending at AU $55.48
- AU $91.99Trending at AU $99.92
- AU $29.99Trending at AU $32.14
About this product
- DescriptionThis book brings together a variety of voices - students and teachers, journal editors and authors, writers from the global rth and south - to interrogate the tion of risk as it applies to the production of academic writing. Risk-taking is viewed as a productive force in teaching, learning and writing, and one that can be used to challenge the silences and erasures inherent in academic tradition and convention. Widening participation and the internationalisation of higher education make questions of language, register, agency and identity in postgraduate writing all the more pressing, and this book offers a powerful argument against the further reinforcement of a 'rthern' Anglophone understanding of kwledge and its production and dissemination. This volume will provide food-for-thought for postgraduate students and their supervisors everywhere.
- Author BiographyLucia Thesen is a Senior Lecturer in the Centre for Higher Education Development at the University of Cape Town, South Africa. Her research focuses on postgraduate writing pedagogies and alternative forms and functions of academic literacy practices. Linda Cooper is an Associate Professor in the Centre for Higher Education Development at the University of Cape Town, South Africa. Her research focuses on worker education, the recognition of prior learning and the theorization of different forms of knowledge.
- PublisherChannel View Publications Ltd
- Date of Publication11/12/2013
- SubjectAdult & Further Education
- Series TitleNew Perspectives on Language and Education
- Series Part/Volume Number34
- Place of PublicationBristol
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintMultilingual Matters
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight481 g
- Width156 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine20 mm
- Edited byLinda Cooper,Lucia Thesen
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.