All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $3.76Trending at AU $7.37
- AU $27.81Trending at AU $30.75
- AU $21.76Trending at AU $26.80
- AU $29.32Trending at AU $31.85
- AU $70.94Trending at AU $79.91
- AU $13.99Trending at AU $15.68
- AU $26.39Trending at AU $26.97
About this product
- DescriptionIn almost every field of law,from tort and contract to environmental law and criminal justice, issues about 'risk' are increasingly of interest to lawyers. At the same time, there has been little general enquiry into the nature of the contact between law and risks. This book argues that ideas about risk have t traditionally been absent from law, as is sometimes supposed. Lawyers and legal theorists have used and conceptualised risk in particular ways, and ideas of risk have had significant influence in key elements of legal theory including questions of justice and responsibility. The book explores the conceptual place of risk across a number of fields of law; and identifies some significant challenges for law and legal theory arising from broader debates about risk. It therefore sheds light on areas that are under-explored despite current interest among lawyers, and aims to provide an accessible guide to emerging controversies and challenges for law in this area while explaining their significance.
- Author BiographyJenny Steele is a Senior Lecturer in Law at the University of Southampton.
- Author(s)Jenny Steele
- PublisherBloomsbury Publishing PLC
- Date of Publication01/03/2004
- SubjectLaw: General & Reference
- Series TitleLegal Theory Today
- Series Part/Volume Number5
- Place of PublicationOxford
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- First Published1899
- ImprintHart Publishing
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight440 g
- Width129 mm
- Height195 mm
- Spine18 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.