Risky Business: Managing Employee Violence in the Workplace by Lynne Falkin McClure, Lynne McClure, William Winston (Paperback, 1996)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $79.11Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by simplybestprices-10to20dayshipping
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $25.95+ AU $7.99 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by ausreseller
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $8.59Trending at AU $13.93
- AU $15.52Trending at AU $23.29
- AU $30.82Trending at AU $34.85
- AU $14.50Trending at AU $15.95
- AU $32.75Trending at AU $55.26
- AU $91.99Trending at AU $99.52
- AU $29.99Trending at AU $32.01
About this product
- DescriptionRisky Business tells in plain language the specific behaviors that indicate an employee has the potential to become violent, and it tells managers what to do--and what t to do--to prevent workplace violence. Author Lynne Falkin McClure describes in clear detail the eight major categories of behavioral clues to violence and includes anecdotes from work settings to help managers and others identify potentially violent employees. Most importantly, she emphasizes the precautions and steps managers must take when they see these clues in an employee's behavior and how to create and maintain a work environment that is likely to protect everyone. Including the hiring--appraisal--training process, Risky Business focuses on system-wide, ongoing prevention steps organizations can take to protect everyone in the workplace. The book points out for readers informal organizational 'policies'that unwittingly encourage potentially dangerous behaviors in employees and then offers alternative 'policies'that create and maintain a safer environment. Managers, members of personnel, and public relations representatives learn how to deal effectively with the fears of workers and customers should a violent event occur that affects the company's morale and image. However, readers are certain to gain the skills and foresight necessary to avert disaster before it strikes. Lynne Falkin McClure, PhD, is a management consultant, workshop designer/facilitator, and public speaker in Tempe, Arizona. President of McClure Associates Management Consultants, Inc., since 1980, she specializes in work relationships and conducts inhouse workshops for corporations and government agencies. Through The McClure Institute in Tempe, she offers intensive 5--day courses for executives, directors, and managers, as well as for EAP specialists and mental health professionals, on how to identify and prevent potential workplace violence. Dr. McClure has been a guest on several national shows, including appearances on Maury Povich, Between the Lines (Associated Press Broadcast News), Good Day Atlanta, Market Talk (KWHY-TV, America's first all-financial station), and Wireless Flash (San Diego).
- Author(s)Lynne Falkin McClure,Lynne McClure,William Winston
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Inc
- Date of Publication04/09/1996
- SubjectManagement & Business: General
- Place of PublicationBinghamton
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintHaworth Press Inc
- Weight340 g
- Width152 mm
- Height222 mm
- Spine16 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.