All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $82.00Trending at AU $99.54
- AU $50.16Trending at AU $55.78
- AU $33.32Trending at AU $36.33
- AU $31.69Trending at AU $33.69
- AU $19.98Trending at AU $22.99
- AU $36.16Trending at AU $49.55
- AU $26.67Trending at AU $29.78
About this product
- DescriptionThis David and Goliath story chronicles and analyzes how a small, under-funded public interest group-Durham Nuclear Awareness of Oshawa, Ontario-mobilized opposition to the December 1994 re-licensing of the Pickering Nuclear Generating Station. Michael D. Mehta explores the struggle between Durham Nuclear Awareness and Canada's nuclear establishment to illustrate how risk as a concept can be used to understand contemporary political conflicts.
- Author BiographyMichael D. Mehta is an associate professor of Sociology and director of the Sociology of Biotechnology Program and the Social Research Unit at the University of Saskatchewan.
- Author(s)Michael D. Mehta
- PublisherLexington Books
- Date of Publication14/12/2004
- SubjectEncyclopedias & General Reference
- Place of PublicationLanham, MD
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintLexington Books
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight326 g
- Width157 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine16 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.