CURRENTLY SOLD OUT
Best-selling in Other Children & Young Adults
Save on Other Children & Young Adults
- AU $28.96Trending at AU $29.58
- AU $64.00Trending at AU $71.12
- AU $23.70Trending at AU $26.63
- AU $49.99Trending at AU $51.42
- AU $47.15Trending at AU $53.31
- AU $17.27Trending at AU $23.95
- AU $36.50Trending at AU $45.07
About this product
- DescriptionRita the Book-Neck Girl is a heartening tale of tolerance and friendship as crafted from the imaginations of two young sisters, Elena and Gracie Desserich, and captured by their father, Keith Desserich. Featuring inspired characters such as Rita the Boot-Neck Girl, Charlie Chicken Legs, Frita Four-Eyes, Eddie Elephant Ears and Pennelope Pig Nose, these friends soon learn that they're t really so different after all and certainly t alone. Brought to life by the playful illustrations of Joshua Thompson, this tale promises to t only be a favorite bedtime story, but also one that we can all learn from. Both under the age of 6 when originally told, Elena and Gracie Desserich shared a strong bond of friendship until Elena's passing from cancer at the age of 6. Her story inspired her parents to write Notes Left Behind, a personal account detailing the lessons on love and living she left with them during her struggle. Within months, it achieved international acclaim, becoming a New York Times Bestseller and today is translated into over 20 languages worldwide. A portion of author proceeds from each book benefits cancer research through The Cure Starts Now Foundation.
- Author(s)Gracie And Elena Desserich,Keith Desserich
- PublisherPen & Publish, Inc.
- Date of Publication01/11/2011
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectChildren's Fiction
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintPen & Publish, Inc.
- Out-of-print date03/11/2016
- Content Notecolour illustrations
- Weight91 g
- Width211 mm
- Height211 mm
- Spine5 mm
- Illustrator(s)Joshua Thompson
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.