All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis darkly gothic collection of stories explores the unsettlingborderland between reality and the supernatural.Ranging from early twentieth-century France to 1960s South Wales and contemporary Europe, Jo Mazelis singular vision and poetic language creates characters caught upinevents and feelings they do t fullyunderstandor control, giving the book itsuncannyfocus. Not all is as it seemsina world where first impressions may only conceal disguises and false trails - and there's going back.
- Author BiographyJo Mazelis is a writer and photographer. Her first collection of stories Diving Girls 2003 (Parthian) was shortlisted for the Commonwealth Best First Book and Wales Book of the Year and her second collection Circle Games, 2005, longlisted for the Wales Book of the year. Her first novel, Significance, a cosmopolitan feminist noir thriller set in northern France was a winner of the Jerwood Fiction Uncovered Prize in 2015. Jo Mazelis stories have won prizes in the Rhys Davies, Penfro and Allen Rainecompetitions, have been published in many anthologies and magazines, and read on Radio 4.
- Author(s)Jo Mazelis
- PublisherPoetry Wales Press
- Date of Publication16/03/2016
- SubjectCrime, Thriller & Adventure
- Place of PublicationBridgend
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Weight249 g
- Width125 mm
- Height198 mm
- Spine20 mm
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $30.49Trending at AU $31.88
- AU $55.54Trending at AU $56.93
- AU $79.95Trending at AU $84.75
- AU $29.92Trending at AU $31.38
- AU $46.03Trending at AU $52.71
- AU $12.67Trending at AU $12.99
- AU $41.46Trending at AU $49.43
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.