All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $47.38Trending at AU $49.47
- AU $74.26Trending at AU $76.60
- AU $22.10Trending at AU $23.03
- AU $35.49Trending at AU $39.06
- AU $26.74Trending at AU $37.56
- AU $17.58Trending at AU $23.07
- AU $37.61Trending at AU $38.86
About this product
- DescriptionFor Arsenal and Spurs fans, the North London derby matches are the ones most keenly awaited when the fixture lists are published each July. Such is the intense rivalry between the two North London clubs, the pre-match build up is a mixture of trepidation and anticipation in perhaps equal measures depending on which team has currently had the most success on the field. The fixture itself dates back to November 1887 when Tottenham Hotspur entertained Royal Arsenal in a friendly that finished 2-1 to the home side. But it wasn't until December 1909, however, that the pair faced each other in a competitive match. It was Walter Lawrence who scored the only goal as Woolwich Arsenal recorded their first League victory over their neighbours. In the intervening years, the two clubs have met more than 250 times in sometimes epic encounters that include League Cup and FA Cup Semi-Final ties. While both Arsenal and Spurs boast a plethora of stars who have represented their clubs in this fixture, there is one who stands head and shoulders above the rest. Pat Jennings was a regular between the posts at White Hart Lane in the 1960s and 1970s before a shock transfer to Highbury in 1977 saw him add an FA Cup winner's medal to his trophy collection. This book tells the fascinating tale of the North London Derby with full statistics that will end any arguments opposing fans might have.
- Author BiographyA keen amateur footballer whose career was prematurely cut short by injury, Ian Welch has written numerous books on the beautiful game. His passion for the game is stronger than ever and his portfolio includes books on many Premiership and continental clubs, encyclopedic contributions and Great Derby Matches series in the mid-1990s. He was also charged with producing the official England Football Association publications for Euro 2008.
- Author(s)Ian Welch
- PublisherHaynes Publishing Group
- Date of Publication30/08/2012
- SubjectBall Games: Field & Outdoor
- Place of PublicationSomerset
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintJ H Haynes & Co Ltd
- Content Note40 illustrations
- Width128 mm
- Height197 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.