All listings for this product
Save on Textbooks
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $71.25
- AU $13.75Trending at AU $17.80
- AU $69.53Trending at AU $85.96
- AU $17.60Trending at AU $22.27
- AU $34.66Trending at AU $36.07
- AU $29.91Trending at AU $39.11
- AU $50.46Trending at AU $57.09
About this product
- DescriptionRivers are the essence of Oregon, writes award-winning author and photographer Tim Palmer. In over 140 brilliant photos and evocative, informative text, Rivers of Oregon captures the life, the beauty, and the magic of Oregon's remarkable array of waterways. The book's engaging essays address the nature and ecology of flowing waters, the joy of travel on these lifelines of the planet, and the historic saga of Oregonians' commitment to preserve, protect, and restore the best of their state for future generations. <emRivers of Oregon captures the beauty and the intrinsic qualities of the state's irresistible riverscapes like other book has done. From the underwater view and from the refuge of riparian forests, from the seat of a cae or raft and from distant mountain summits, readers will gain new perspectives on the extraordinary features that provide us with water, with life, and with scenes whose loss would leave us deeply impoverished.
- Author BiographyTIM PALMER is the author of twenty-four books about rivers, the American landscape, and adventure travel. He has received the National Outdoor Book Award, the Communicator of the Year Award from the National Wildlife Federation, the Lifetime Achievement Award from American Rivers, and other honors.
- Author(s)Tim Palmer
- PublisherOregon State University
- Date of Publication30/08/2016
- SubjectTravel Writing
- Place of PublicationCorvallis, OR
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintOregon State University
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight885 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine20 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.