All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $103.88Trending at AU $107.66
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $80.45
- AU $105.90Trending at AU $116.63
- AU $98.79Trending at AU $107.74
- AU $49.79Trending at AU $51.97
- AU $92.78Trending at AU $104.72
- AU $78.00Trending at AU $88.64
About this product
- DescriptionStories are what keep history alive, and Rivers of the Heart is the perfect book to keep the history of fly fishing alive. Steve Raymond shares some of the best and brightest moments from his nearly fifty years of fly-fishing experiences, a long fly-fishing life that contains ecstasy, agony, and passion for trout, salmon, and saltwater gamefish in waters from Canada to the Caribbean, rthern Scotland to the South Pacific. The heart-warming stories and funny moments within will delight and charm you to end. Memorable fly-fishing partners, famous pioneer fly tyers, and old fishing friends are only a few of the charming characters you'll meet. How did fly patterns get their names? What would the perfect river be like? What would Dame Juliana Berners be doing if she were alive today? Discover the answers to all of these questions and more in this warmly written memoir of the people, places, things, realities, and fantasies encountered by the author in his lifetime of fishing he w remembers as his rivers of the heart. Skyhorse Publishing is proud to publish a broad range of books for fishermen. Our books for anglers include titles that focus on fly fishing, bait fishing, fly-casting, spin casting, deep sea fishing, and surf fishing. Our books offer both practical advice on tackle, techniques, kts, and more, as well as lyrical prose on fishing for bass, trout, salmon, crappie, baitfish, catfish, and more. While t every title we publish becomes a New York Times bestseller or a national bestseller, we are committed to publishing books on subjects that are sometimes overlooked by other publishers and to authors whose work might t otherwise find a home.
- Author BiographySteve Raymond is the author of Nervous Water, Blue Upright, Steelhead Country, The Year of the Angler, The Year of the Trout, and many more. He was the winner of the Roderick Haig-Brown Award for significant contributions to angling literature, and he was also the editor of The Flyfisher and Fly Fishing in Salt Waters as well as a longtime reviewer of fly-fishing books for several publications. After a thirty-year career as an editor and manager at the Seattle Times, he retired and now lives in Clinton, Washington.
- Author(s)Steve Raymond
- PublisherSkyhorse Publishing
- Date of Publication18/06/2015
- SubjectFishing, Field Sports & Outdoor Activities
- Place of PublicationNew York, NY
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSkyhorse Publishing
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight385 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine23 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.