All listings for this product
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $30.28Trending at AU $32.13
- AU $74.97Trending at AU $77.01
- AU $12.53Trending at AU $13.05
- AU $46.02Trending at AU $53.13
- AU $28.95Trending at AU $31.76
- AU $12.15Trending at AU $14.05
- AU $12.23Trending at AU $15.03
About this product
- DescriptionJack McCloskey returned to Windsor, Ontario, from the Great War shell-shocked and battling inner demons. Channeling his energy into amateur fights, he's ticed by a gangster sidelining as a boxing promoter. After a brief professional stint, Jack is invited to join the crew. It's the early days of Prohibition along the Detroit River. Feeling trapped, Jack often tries to escape by throwing himself into relationships that are doomed from the start. Complicating matters further, a crime lord descends on the Border Cities, taking over all smuggling activity to finance his covert political agenda. In sharp contrast is the story of Vera Maude, a young librarian also yearning to escape, but to the cafes of Greenwich Village or the Left Bank. All she lacks is will. The climax occurs in a gripping battle at the crime lord's house on Riverside Drive and its surprising aftermath the following morning.
- Author BiographyMichael Januska was born in Windsor, Ontario, and has worked with books his whole life, both as a bookseller and for several book publishers. He is also an award-winning crime fiction writer. His first book with Dundurn was <i>Grey Cup Century</i>. Januska lives in Toronto.
- Author(s)Michael Januska
- PublisherDundurn Group Ltd
- Date of Publication25/05/2013
- SubjectCrime, Thriller & Adventure
- Place of PublicationToronto
- Country of PublicationCanada
- ImprintDundurn Group Ltd
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight301 g
- Width127 mm
- Height203 mm
- Spine15 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.