All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $71.40
- AU $13.75Trending at AU $17.83
- AU $94.90Trending at AU $96.53
- AU $29.08Trending at AU $33.28
- AU $30.74Trending at AU $37.18
- AU $23.06Trending at AU $32.95
- AU $69.55Trending at AU $86.07
About this product
- DescriptionThis book outlines the underlying principles on which modern road lighting is based, and provides the reader with kwledge of how these principles should be applied in practice. This book offers a completely fresh approach to the subject, reflecting how the techlogy of road lighting has progressed to keep up with the changes in lamp techlogy, especially in solid state light sources, and the increasing awareness of energy use and environmental issues. The book is divided into three parts. Part One describes lighting of open roads, with chapters discussing visual performance and comfort (including the effects of mesopic vision and age), and international standards and recommendations for road lighting. Lighting equipment is introduced; specifically lamps and luminaires in terms of their practical properties and features, but also the road surface and its characteristics. A chapter on Lighting Design makes the link between theory and practice, providing the reader with the kwledge needed for effective lighting design, including aspects relating to sustainability. The final chapter of Part One deals with lighting calculation conventions and measurements. Part Two is devoted to light pollution. The negative consequences of light pollution are described and tactics to restrict light pollution explained. Lighting criteria are defined that can be used by the lighting designer to guarantee installations stay within acceptable limits. International standards and recommendations on the restriction of light pollution are discussed. Part Three is devoted to tunnel lighting, with chapters discussing visual performance in tunnel environments, lighting criteria, standards and recommendations, and concluding with a chapter on tunnel lighting equipment and design. This book is a valuable resource for road lighting designers and engineers, students of lighting design and engineering, town planners, traffic engineers, environmental specialists, and lamp and luminaire developers and manufacturers.
- Author BiographyProf. Wout van Bommel MSc worked for more than 35 years with Philips Lighting in different lighting application functions. He has carried out research into many different lighting subjects. His research work has been the basis for concepts now used in international standards for lighting. From 2003-2007, he was President of the International Lighting Commission, CIE. From 1988-2008, he was the Dutch representative of the European Lighting Normalisation Committee CEN TC 169. He is currently a board member of the Dutch Light & Health Research Foundation, SOLG. In 2004, Wout van Bommel was appointed Consulting Professor at the Fudan University of Shanghai, and in 2008, External Examiner of the Master Course Light and Lighting at the University College of London (UCL, Bartlett Institute). He has published more than 150 papers in national and international lighting journals in different languages. All over the world he has presented papers, has taught at universities and schools, and has given invited lectures at conferences. After his retirement from Philips Lighting, he began advising lighting designers, researchers, companies, municipalities, and governmental bodies, as an independent Lighting Consultant. He is currently Section Editor for the section titled Lighting for the Encyclopedia of Color Science and Technology.
- Author(s)Wout van Bommel
- PublisherSpringer International Publishing AG
- Date of Publication28/10/2016
- SubjectOther Specific Technologies
- Place of PublicationCham
- Country of PublicationSwitzerland
- ImprintSpringer International Publishing AG
- Content Note134 black & white illustrations, 59 colour illustrations, 50 black & white tables, biography
- Weight545 g
- Width155 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine19 mm
- Edition StatementSoftcover reprint of the original 1st ed. 2015
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.