Best-selling in Other Children & Young Adults
Save on Other Children & Young Adults
- AU $63.88Trending at AU $65.52
- AU $24.98Trending at AU $25.76
- AU $30.78Trending at AU $31.90
- AU $69.99Trending at AU $86.08
- AU $41.91Trending at AU $47.63
- AU $22.67Trending at AU $25.33
- AU $29.00Trending at AU $31.95
About this product
- DescriptionThe perfect gift for Roald Dahl fans or for readers discovering him for the very first time, this delightful hardcover box set contains five of his best-loved stories, including <i>Charlie and the Chocolate Factory</i>.
- Author BiographyROALD DAHL, born in 1916 in Wales, spent his childhood in England and later worked in Africa. When World War II broke out, he joined the Royal Air Force and became a fighter pilot. After a war injury, he moved to Washington, D.C., and there he began to write. His first short story was published by <i>The Saturday Evening Post</i>, and so began a long and distinguished career.ROALD DAHLbecame, quite simply, one of the best-loved children's book authors of all time. Although he passed away in 1990, his popularity and that of his books--<i>Charlie and the Chocolate Factory</i>, <i>James and the Giant Peach, </i> and <i>Danny the Champion of the World</i>, to name just a few--continues to grow. QUENTIN BLAKE has illustrated most of Roald Dahl's children's books as well as many others. The first ever Children's Laureate of the United Kingdom, he is also a recipient of the Whitbread Award and the Kate Greenaway Medal.
- Author(s)Roald Dahl
- PublisherAlfred A. Knopf Books for Young Readers
- Date of Publication06/08/2013
- SubjectChildren's Fiction
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintAlfred A. Knopf Books for Young Readers
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight1497 g
- Width152 mm
- Height221 mm
- Spine86 mm
- Illustrator(s)Quentin Blake
- Contained items statementContains 5 Hardbacks
- Format DetailsSewn,Cloth over boards,With dust jacket
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.