All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionSo many things are at work in our relationship with sport. Partisanship at the most visceral level, amazement at the display of the human body operating at the extremes of power, speed and strength, appreciation of grace, cunning, timing, spatial awareness, drama, forethought. Decades of rivalry are balanced by moments of sweet skill. This major new anthology of great sports writing captures the drama, the moments of speed and strength, as portrayed by great writers about many sports across the centuries.
- Author BiographyJulian Walker is a writer and artist who leads workshops at the British Library on literature, art, history, printing and the English language. His previous books include How to Cure the Plague and Other Curious Remedies and The Finishing Touch.
- PublisherBritish Library Board
- Date of Publication05/05/2016
- SubjectGeneral Sport & Fitness Training
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintBritish Library Board
- Content Note30 colour illustrations
- Weight522 g
- Width130 mm
- Height190 mm
- Spine20 mm
Save on Textbooks
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $71.10
- AU $13.75Trending at AU $17.77
- AU $69.53Trending at AU $85.78
- AU $17.60Trending at AU $22.00
- AU $20.47Trending at AU $21.76
- AU $49.76Trending at AU $53.75
- AU $30.45Trending at AU $51.44
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.