Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $37.95Trending at AU $73.95
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $85.33
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $72.77
- AU $92.88Trending at AU $103.09
- AU $74.00Trending at AU $85.00
- AU $41.64Trending at AU $44.79
- AU $46.32Trending at AU $48.00
About this product
- DescriptionThe Roaring Twenties Reference Library chronicles and illustrates a time of great social change in everything from fashion to music to politics. The Almanac and Primary Sources volume explores this decade from many aspects. Defining books such as The New Negro by Alain Locke and The Great Gatsby by F. Scott Fitzgerald are shown to both reflect and create the temper of the times. Crime, prohibition, flappers, Black Thursday, radio, the automobile and jazz are just a few of the subjects examined. The Biographies volume focuses on the key figures, including mirities and women. People such as Zora Neale Hurston, Rudolph Valenti, Al Capone, Bessie Smith, Babe Ruth, Duke Ellington, Henry Ford and Langston Hughes are profiled, with special emphasis on their contributions to the 1920s. Includes a separately published comprehensive index.For table of contents, sample pages or other volume specific information see the entry for the Almanac and Primary Sources or Biographies.
- Author(s)Kelly King Howes
- PublisherCengage Gale
- Date of Publication21/10/2005
- SubjectEncyclopedias & General Reference
- Place of PublicationAndover
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintCengage Gale
- Weight1860 g
- Width192 mm
- Height239 mm
- Spine59 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.