All listings for this product
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $70.99Trending at AU $78.30
- AU $65.99Trending at AU $70.92
- AU $99.99Trending at AU $113.70
- AU $79.95Trending at AU $84.13
- AU $70.90Trending at AU $76.03
- AU $12.61Trending at AU $17.01
- AU $16.67Trending at AU $22.38
About this product
- DescriptionWritten by Jay Bonansinga, based on the original series created by Robert Kirkman, The Walking Dead: Descent follows the events of The Fall of the Goverr, and Lilly Caul's struggles to rebuild Woodbury after the Goverr's shocking demise. Out of the ashes of its dark past, Woodbury, Georgia, becomes an oasis of safety amidst the plague of the walking dead - a town reborn in the wake of its former tyrannical leader, Philip Blake, aka The Goverr. Blake's legacy of madness haunts every ok and cranny of this little walled community, but Lilly Caul and a small ragtag band of survivors are determined to overcome their traumatic past... despite the fact that a super-herd is closing in on them. This vast stampede of zombies, driven by inexorable hunger and aimed directly at Woodbury, becomes their first true test. But Lilly and company refuse to succumb, and in a stunning counteroffensive, the beleaguered townspeople save themselves by joining forces with a mysterious religious sect fresh from the wilderness. Led by an enigmatic preacher named Jeremiah, this rogue church group seems tailor made for Woodbury and Lilly's dream of a democratic, family-friendly future. The two factions meld into one, the town prospers, and everything seems hopeful for the first time since the plague broke out. But things - especially in the world of the walking dead - are often t what they seem. Jeremiah and his followers harbor a dark secret, the evidence of which very gradually begins to unravel. Along with a popular TV show also based on Kirkman's AMC comic books, The Walking Dead franchise is just getting better and better with Bonansinga's newest vel. In a stunning and horrifying finale, the world for Lilly and her close friends is turned upside down, and it is solely up to Lilly Caul to cleanse the town once and for all of its poisous fate. These vels continue to be a great companion for fans of the television series and graphic vels!
- Author BiographyJAY BONANSINGA is the New York Times bestselling author of twenty books, including the Bram Stoker finalist The Black Mariah (1994), the International Thriller Writers Award finalist Shattered (2007), and the wildly popular Walking Dead novels. Jay's work has been translated into eleven languages, and he has been called one of the most imaginative writers of thrillers by Chicago Tribune. He lives in the Chicago area with his wife, the photographer Jill Norton, and his two teenage boys, and is currently hard at work on the next Walking Dead book. ROBERT KIRKMAN is the creator of many popular comic books, including Walking Dead, Invincible, and Super Dinosaur. In addition to being a partner at Image Comics, Kirkman is an executive producer and writer on The Walking Dead television show. In 2010, Kirkman opened Skybound, his own imprint at Image, which publishes his titles as well as other original work.
- Author(s)Jay Bonansinga,Robert Kirkman
- PublisherSt. Martin's Press
- Date of Publication06/10/2015
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectHorror & Ghost Stories
- Series TitleWalking Dead
- Series Part/Volume Number5
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSt. Martin's Press
- Weight136 g
- Width104 mm
- Height170 mm
- Spine25 mm
- Format DetailsMass market (rack) paperback,Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.