All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionRobert Louis Stevenson's cinematic legacy is studied in-depth here, with a look at his life and his body of work. From The Sire De Maletroit's Door (1877) to St. Ives (1896), each adapted story and all relevant film versions are examined, including exhaustive analyses of the 1931 adaptation of Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde and the 1945 version of The Body Snatcher. A discussion of the process of adapting literature for the movies, demonstrating how Stevenson's stories have been misrepresented for more than 80 years, is also provided.
- Author BiographyScott Allen Nollen was educated in film and history at the University of Iowa. He has written and edited more than 40 books on the history of film, literature and music.
- Author(s)Scott Allen Nollen
- PublisherMcFarland & Co Inc
- Date of Publication15/12/2011
- SubjectLiterary Criticism
- Place of PublicationJefferson, NC
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintMcFarland & Co Inc
- Content Note, black & white halftones, frontispiece
- Weight632 g
- Width6 mm
- Height9 mm
- Spine30 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $14.50Trending at AU $17.06
- AU $72.88Trending at AU $77.22
- AU $32.75Trending at AU $55.12
- AU $91.99Trending at AU $99.23
- AU $29.99Trending at AU $31.93
- AU $82.00Trending at AU $95.49
- AU $20.74Trending at AU $23.36
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.