About this product
- DescriptionThis book offers everything the robotics hobbyist needs to learn - what it is - where to get it - how to get started - from the author of Robot Builder's Bonanza! Fascinated by the world of robotics but don't kw how to tap into the incredible amount of information available on the subject? Clueless as to locating specific information on robotics? Want the names, addresses, phone numbers, and web sites of companies that can supply the exact part, plan, kit, building material, programming language, operating system, computer system, or publication you've been searching for? Turn to Robot Builder's Sourcebook - a unique clearinghouse of information for that will open 2500+ new doors and spark almost as many new ideas.Written by Gordon McComb, author of the classic Robot Builder's Bonanza , one of the most popular books ever written on amateur robotics, the Sourcebook lists over 2500 mail-order suppliers and other sources, including local-area businesses, cross-referenced and categorized to make your search quick and easy. You'll find detailed information about the resources, including addresses and phone numbers: in short, everything you need to find - and acquire - common and uncommon robotics parts and supplies.In order to provide a true robotics goldmine, this one-of-a kind guide also includes: dozens of informative sidebars to help you understand essential robotic techlogies such as motor types, sensor design, and how to select the best materials; scores of relevant articles designed to fill-in informational gaps, stimulate thinking, and help you make the most of all the material the sourcebook makes available to you. If you want to kw where in the world of robotics you can find it...turn to the Sourcebook .
- Author BiographyGordon McComb is the author of more than 50 books and 1,000 magazine articles and newspaper columns, most of them on science and technology. His writings have appeared in Popular Science, Omni, High Technology, Poptronix, Popular Electronics, Radio-Electronics, Mechanix Illustrated, PC Magazine, and dozens of others. For 13 years he wrote a weekly nationally syndicated newspaper column on computers and was the originator of Robotics Workshop in Popular Electronics. Mr. McComb has also been a long-time robot fanatic and maintains a well-stocked robot workshop in his southern California home. He is the author of McGraw-Hill's Robot Builder's Bonanza, the Bible of amateur robot building and a true cult classic.
- Author(s)Gordon McComb
- PublisherMcGraw-Hill Education - Europe
- Date of Publication01/09/2002
- SubjectElectronics Engineering & Communications Engineering
- Series TitleTAB Electronics
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintTAB Books Inc
- Content Note150 illustrations
- Weight1635 g
- Width215 mm
- Height276 mm
- Spine40 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $46.25Trending at AU $49.65
- AU $3.73Trending at AU $7.41
- AU $27.04Trending at AU $31.41
- AU $70.90Trending at AU $78.37
- AU $19.24Trending at AU $24.20
- AU $22.60Trending at AU $23.15
- AU $37.05Trending at AU $39.70
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.