All listings for this product
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $52.63Trending at AU $53.20
- AU $62.20Trending at AU $72.69
- AU $89.19Trending at AU $104.01
- AU $66.82Trending at AU $74.89
- AU $20.99Trending at AU $24.72
- AU $13.21Trending at AU $15.50
- AU $10.20Trending at AU $14.20
About this product
- DescriptionThe starship Ariel is on a mission of the utmost secrecy, upon which the fate of thousands of lives depend. Though the ship is a mile long, its six crew are crammed into a space barely large eugh for them to stand. Five are officers, geniuses in their field. The other is Will Ku-Monet, the man responsible for single-handedly running a ship comprised of the most dangerous and delicate techlogy that mankind has ever devised. He is the Roboteer. Roboteer is a hard-SF vel set in a future in which the colonization of the stars has turned out to be anything but easy, and civilization on Earth has collapsed under the pressure of relentless mutual terrorism. Small human settlements cling to barely habitable planets. Without support from a home-world they have had to develop ways of life heavily dependent on robotics and genetic engineering. Then out of the ruins of Earth's once great empire, a new force arises - a world-spanning religion bent on the conversion of all mankind to its creed. It sends fleets of starships to reclaim the colonies. But the colonies don't want to be reclaimed. Mankind's first interstellar war begins. It is dirty, dangerous and hideously costly. Will is a man bred to interface with the robots that his home-world Galatea desperately needs to survive. He finds himself sent behind enemy lines to discover the secret of their newest weapon. What he discovers will transform their understanding of both science and civilization forever...but at a cost.
- Author BiographyAlexander Lamb splits his time between writing science fiction, software engineering, teaching improvised theater, running business communication skills workshops, and conducting complex systems research. He currently lives in Princeton, NJ with his wife, Genevieve Graves, an astrophysicist also at the university there, and their three month old son.
- Author(s)Alex Lamb
- PublisherOrion Publishing Co
- Date of Publication16/07/2015
- SubjectScience Fiction & Fantasy
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Out-of-print date10/09/2016
- Weight570 g
- Width157 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine34 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (UK)
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.