All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $47.39Trending at AU $48.86
- AU $74.54Trending at AU $75.65
- AU $22.13Trending at AU $22.74
- AU $35.53Trending at AU $38.58
- AU $31.31Trending at AU $37.07
- AU $17.66Trending at AU $22.78
- AU $37.61Trending at AU $38.34
About this product
- DescriptionA sign of the times is that artists are beginning to introduce electronic beings into their work, using them as a way of examining what it means to be a human being. We have sought to describe this incredible crucible of creativity and take a paramic view of the thousand facets of robotics. Robots intrigue, amaze, worry and disconcert. Clearly, we must w come to terms with the fact that they are among us. This book seeks to be the first written and photo reportage on a development that affects every branch of society. Each chapter depicts robots in a given environment and adumbrates the underlying message. Features of the book include an anthology of films featuring robots, from Metropolis to I Robot; a survey of robots in space, including Mars rovers; robotic household appliances; robotic toys, including Aibo and Poochie and Lego Mindstorm; and robots in contemporary art.
- Author(s)Daniel Ichbiah
- Date of Publication06/05/2005
- SubjectPopular Science
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintHarry N. Abrams, Inc.
- Out-of-print date24/12/2009
- Content Note1500 full colour illustrations
- Weight1860 g
- Width200 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine41 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.