All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $37.99Trending at AU $75.40
- AU $65.90Trending at AU $72.27
- AU $64.90Trending at AU $71.21
- AU $100.89Trending at AU $104.10
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $81.47
- AU $57.95Trending at AU $58.98
- AU $99.99Trending at AU $113.28
About this product
- DescriptionIn its seventh edition, Rock Music Styles: A History offers an updated perspective on the development of rock music from its origins to its most contemporary styles. Charlton takes students through genres by focusing on featured performers, exploring important songs in Listening Guides, and drawing connections between musical developments throughout the decades. Additionally, decade overviews and chrology charts detailing historical and rock-related events side by side provide a historical and social framework through which to understand rock music styles in the 20th century and beyond.
- Author BiographyKatherine Charlton Calkins teaches in the music department at Mt. San Antonio College where she spent eight years on the all-college general education committee and then served as chair of the music department for the following ten years. During a yearlong sabbatical in 2007-2008 she studied women composers and compiled biographies, recordings, and listening guides, which she made available to her colleagues to help them add more women to their music appreciation and history classes. As a performer, she has a degree in classical guitar from California State University at Fullerton. She toured in Southern France and Tuscany, playing lute with an early music group led by her late, first husband Andrew Charlton and his friend Gloria Ramsey, both well known in the field of early music. Calkins also played percussion and toured in Japan with the CSUF Wind Ensemble. She got her M.A. in music history and has continued with further graduate study in that same field. As a teacher, she started the guitar program at Mt. San Antonio College, where she continues to teach music history, music appreciation, and history of rock music. Her first book, Rock Music Styles: A History, is now out in its sixth edition, published by McGraw-Hill Higher Education. Experience Music is her second book.
- Author(s)Katherine Charlton
- PublisherMcGraw-Hill Education - Europe
- Date of Publication01/05/2014
- SubjectMusic & Dance
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintMcGraw Hill Higher Education
- Content Noteblack & white halftones, black & white tables
- Weight777 g
- Width190 mm
- Height238 mm
- Spine15 mm
- Edition Statement7th Revised edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.