Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $37.99Trending at AU $75.23
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $72.11
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $71.05
- AU $100.89Trending at AU $103.87
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $81.29
- AU $57.95Trending at AU $58.89
- AU $99.99Trending at AU $113.02
About this product
- DescriptionNewcastle in the 1970s and 1980s was a powerhouse of rock music with dozens of bands performing every night of the week in the city's pubs and clubs. Rock This City is a personal account of the times, the bands and the venues by someone who was there to see icons such as DV8, Cold Chisel and The Heroes. From women rockers to the Star Hotel riot, author Gaye Sheather chronicles the golden age of the pub rock years and captures a time and a spirit that fuelled a city. Illustrated with over 140 colour and black & white images. Published with the generous support of Cattleyard Promotions, organisers of Groovin the Moo and the Plot music events.
- Author BiographyDr Gaye Sheather is an historian and researcher who lives and works in Newcastle, Australia. This book emerged from Gaye's PhD thesis: a study of the live rock music scene in Newcastle from the early 1970s to the late 1980s. Gaye is passionate about writing of this time when there was 'a live band in every corner of every pub'. She is committed to revealing the untold stories of those who were there. She can be contacted through her publishers. This is Gaye's first book.
- Author(s)Gaye Sheather
- PublisherHunter Press
- Date of Publication01/08/2016
- SubjectMusic & Dance
- Place of PublicationNSW
- Country of PublicationAustralia
- ImprintHunter Press
- Content Note160 black and white, 48 colour
- Weight505 g
- Width234 mm
- Height153 mm
- Spine15 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.