All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $103.88Trending at AU $107.25
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $80.14
- AU $105.90Trending at AU $116.18
- AU $98.79Trending at AU $107.33
- AU $104.89Trending at AU $105.74
- AU $49.80Trending at AU $51.77
- AU $92.78Trending at AU $104.32
About this product
- DescriptionThis book explains to the hillwalker, in easy to understand but accurate terms, how geology has shaped the landscape of the Lake District. A selection of fifteen guided walks is used to illustrate this in terms of what can be seen on the ground. Rock Trails Lakeland , divided into two parts, is intended to help those who love the Lake District's mountain scenery to understand how this beautiful landscape came about. The first half narrates the story of colliding continents, volcaes, mountain-building and glaciations in creating the Lakeland, explaining why volcaes occurred, the rocks they created and how to interpret signs of mountain-building and glaciations on the ground. The second half describes recommended walks of differing levels of difficulty, all with a wide variety of geological features to be seen and, most important, with consistently fantastic views of the very best of the Lake District's wonderful scenery. The author has concentrated on what you can see as you walk around the hills, highlighting conspicuous, easily visible features in rocks as well as the overall shape of the terrain while accounting for the present-day landscape. This is the second book in the series from Pesda Press, following the publication in 2008 of Rock Trails Swdonia (9781906095048).
- Author BiographyPaul Gannon is a science and technology writer. He is author of Rock Trails Snowdonia (9781906095048) and other books including the widely praised account of the birth of the electronic computer during the Second World War, Colossus: Bletchley Park's Greatest Secret. He is a dedicated hillwalker and organises landscape walks for hillwalkers interested in finding out more about the geology and scenery of upland areas.
- Author(s)Paul Gannon
- PublisherPesda Press
- Date of Publication14/04/2009
- SubjectWalking / Hiking & Activity Maps & Guides
- Place of PublicationBangor
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintPesda Press
- Content Notecolour photos, maps and diagrams
- Width140 mm
- Height200 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.