Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $70.99Trending at AU $78.50
- AU $65.99Trending at AU $71.11
- AU $79.95Trending at AU $84.59
- AU $70.94Trending at AU $76.22
- AU $17.65Trending at AU $20.83
- AU $16.58Trending at AU $22.43
- AU $12.65Trending at AU $18.66
About this product
- DescriptionIn the 1980s, Los Angeles was the epicenter of a global hard rock music explosion. This area, home to world-famous clubs like the Whisky a Go Go, The Roxy Theater, and the Troubador, spawned dozens of legendary bands. But for every legendary hard rock band to come out of L.A. there were hundreds-or thousands-of bands who attempted to capture that same glory. Teenager Dee Jones was among them. In 1991, Dee leaves home to chase his dreams in Los Angeles. Dee quickly faces the reality of living on his own for the first time, the cold-heartedness of the music scene, and how people close to him face intimidation and challenges. This dramatic tale demonstrates the reckless bravery of youth and gives a snapshot of what the music industry was like. It's a story shared by thousands who made a similar journey, and by anyone who has put everything they had into their dreams, rolled the dice, and took their chances.
- Author BiographyBen Wand picked up the guitar at 14 and spent his teens and early 20s chasing a career in music. He made many great memories while performing in Oregon, Washington, California and Idaho. At 23, he cut his hair and went to college. He attended Portland State University, where he earned his Bachelor of Science in Business, and graduated in the top 5% of his class. He is married to the love of his life and they have two amazing boys. He makes his living as a marketing professional in Portland, Oregon, and pursues a variety of interests and creative pursuits.
- Author(s)Ben Wand
- Date of Publication25/02/2015
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectGeneral & Literary Fiction
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight286 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine11 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.