All listings for this product
Best-selling in Other Children & Young Adults
Save on Other Children & Young Adults
- AU $26.75Trending at AU $27.54
- AU $69.00Trending at AU $71.27
- AU $25.33Trending at AU $28.27
- AU $31.38Trending at AU $33.57
- AU $12.37Trending at AU $13.00
- AU $48.20Trending at AU $49.18
- AU $11.33Trending at AU $13.39
About this product
- DescriptionYour bones and your teeth originated at the bottom of the sea, and the color of your blood came from deep underground. The water you drink, the clothes you wear, and the house you live in are all part of the Earth's history. With this well-illustrated book, you'll discover fascinating facts about geology, from how powerful prehistoric forces formed a river bend to the ways that tiny pebbles can reflect a million years of history. Your adventure begins with evidence that's all around you and can make even an ordinary walk in the park into an exciting revelation. Other subjects range further afield, from rivers of ice and volcanic activity to the formation of precious stones. In addition, a series of fascinating experiments provide you with insights into some of the geologic events that constantly transform our planet.
- Author BiographyHerman and Nina Schneider wrote more than 80 books for children. Herman was a teacher and supervisor of science in the New York City public school system, and Nina taught at the progressive Bank Street School. Their books proposed and answered questions a curious child might ask about science.
- Author(s)Herman Schneider
- PublisherDover Publications Inc.
- Date of Publication28/11/2014
- SubjectChildren's General Non-Fiction
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintDover Publications Inc.
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight249 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine13 mm
- Interest AgeFrom 8
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.