All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionDefinitive compact guide to rocks, minerals, crystals and gemstones - for every rockhound and budding gemmologist! From primeval origins to their astonishing modern-day uses and appeal, this is the ultimate portrait of Earth's buried treasures - rocks, minerals, crystals and gems - produced in association with the Smithsonian Institution. Learn how to identify more than 450 rock and mineral specimens through stunning photographs and detailed characteristics. Discover more about your finds through folklore and historical artefacts, and find out the fascinating stories behind the world's natural treasures; from the Hope diamond to the Great Mogul emerald. Plus, pick up practical advice on rock and mineral collecting, including how to cut, polish and display your finds.
- Author BiographyOver a 40-year-career Ron Bonowitz has been a geologist, prospector, miner and gem cutter, in addition to working as a pilot and flying instructor. Still a collector, cutter and dealer in gems and minerals, he has written extensively on ancient history and mythology. Ron resides in Petersfield.
- Author(s)Ronald Bonewitz
- PublisherDorling Kindersley Ltd
- Date of Publication01/02/2008
- SubjectNatural History: General
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Notecol. Illustrations
- Weight1250 g
- Width189 mm
- Height243 mm
- Spine30 mm
Most relevant reviews
- syltama28 Sep, 2016by
Verified purchase: Yes | Condition: New
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $28.70Trending at AU $30.82
- AU $52.98Trending at AU $78.83
- AU $44.48Trending at AU $52.90
- AU $34.29Trending at AU $38.68
- AU $26.78Trending at AU $29.35
- AU $44.27Trending at AU $52.87
- AU $36.48Trending at AU $41.21
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.