Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $20.53Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by grey_elk_books_au_and_uk
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $15.00+ postage
- Very good condition
- Sold by batcoobatcoo
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionRidiculously funny and astonishingly candid, Rod Stewart's memoir is the rock autobiography of the decade . ( Daily Mail ). One of the most entertaining, revealing, captivating books of the year . ( Independent ). Rod Stewart was born the working-class son of a Scottish plumber in North London. Despite some early close shaves with a number of diverse career paths, ranging from gravedigging to professional football, it was music that truly captured his heart - and he never looked back. Rod started out in the early 1960s, playing the clubs on London's R&B scene, before his distinctively raspy voice caught the ear of the iconic front man Long John Baldry, who approached him while busking one night on a railway platform. Stints with pioneering acts like the Hoochie Coochie Men, Steampacket, and the Jeff Beck Group soon followed, paving the way into a raucous five years with the Faces, the rock star's rock band, whose offstage antics with alcohol, wrecked hotel rooms and groupies have become the stuff of legend. And during all this, he found a spare moment to write 'Maggie May', among a few others, and launch a solo career that has seen him sell an estimated 200 million records, be inducted into the Hall of Fame twice, and play the world's largest ever concert. Not bad, as he says, for a guy with a frog in his throat. And then, there is his t-so-private life: marriages, divorces and affairs with some of the world's most beautiful women - Bond girls, movie stars and supermodels - and a brush with cancer which very nearly saw it all slip away. Rod's is an incredible life, and here, thrillingly and for the first time, he tells the whole thing, leaving knickers under the bed. A rollicking rock 'n' roll adventure that is at times deeply moving, this is the remarkable journey of a guy with one hell of a voice - and one hell of a head of hair.
- Author BiographyRod Stewart was born in 1945 in North London. He is a two-time Rock and Roll Hall of Famer, Grammy Living Legend, and in 2007 was bestowed the prestigious CBE (Commander of the British Empire). He has garnered an estimated 200 million in album and single sales with hit songs including: 'Maggie May', 'Tonight's the Night', 'Sailing', 'Baby Jane', 'Hot Legs', 'Da Ya Think I'm Sexy?', 'Young Turks', 'Rhythm of My Heart', 'Stay With Me', 'Mandolin Wind', 'You Wear It Well', and many more. He lives with his wife, Penny Lancaster, and their children in Beverly Hills, California and Epping, Essex.
- Author(s)Rod Stewart
- Date of Publication23/05/2013
- SubjectAutobiography: The Arts
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintArrow Books Ltd
- Content Note4 x 8 page picture sections
- Weight313 g
- Width129 mm
- Height198 mm
- Spine25 mm
- Format DetailsB-format paperback
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $46.25Trending at AU $49.65
- AU $3.73Trending at AU $7.41
- AU $27.04Trending at AU $31.41
- AU $70.90Trending at AU $78.37
- AU $25.16Trending at AU $27.12
- AU $19.24Trending at AU $24.20
- AU $22.60Trending at AU $23.15
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.