CURRENTLY SOLD OUT
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $47.38Trending at AU $49.05
- AU $74.49Trending at AU $75.94
- AU $22.11Trending at AU $22.83
- AU $35.52Trending at AU $38.73
- AU $26.74Trending at AU $37.24
- AU $17.62Trending at AU $22.87
- AU $37.61Trending at AU $38.49
About this product
- DescriptionThe aim of this series is to inform both professional philosophers and a larger readership (of social and natural scientists, methodologists, mathematicians, students, teachers, publishers, etc. ) about what is going on, who's who, and who does what in contemporary philosophy and logic. PROFILES is designed to present the research activity and the results of already outstanding personalities and schools and of newly emerging ones in the various fields of philosophy and logic. There are many Festschrift volumes dedicated to various philosophers. There is the celebrated Library oj Living Phi/osophers edited by P. A. Schilpp whose format influenced the present enterprise. Still they can only cover very little of the contemporary philosophical scene. Faced with a tremendous expansion of philosophical information and with an almost frightening division of labor and increasing specialization we need systematic and regular ways of keeping track of wh at happens in the profession. PRO- FILES is intended to perform such a function. Each volume is devoted to one or several philosophers whose views and results are presented and discussed. The profiled philosopher(s) will summarize and review his (their) own work in the main fields of signifi- cant contribution. This work will be discussed and evaluated by invited contributors. Relevant historical and/or biographical data, an up-to- date bibliography with short abstracts of the most important works and, whenever possible, references to significant reviews and discussions will also be included.
- Date of Publication22/04/1986
- Series TitleProfiles S.
- Series Part/Volume Number7
- Place of PublicationDordrecht
- Country of PublicationNetherlands
- ImprintKluwer Academic Publishers
- Content Note1 black & white illustrations, biography
- Weight532 g
- Width140 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine15 mm
- Edited byRadu J. Bogdan
- Format DetailsLaminated cover
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.