All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionRoger Corman just might be one of the most influential filmmakers in the history of motion pictures. Not because of his work as a director, although he has directed more than 600 movies, and t because of his success as a producer -- although, as the title of his autobiography boasts, he has made more than 100 pictures and never lost a dime. He might be one of the most influential filmmakers because, along the way to directing and producing more than 200 films, he ran a de facto school for young filmmakers, the alumni of which have garnered more money and awards than any other group in film history. Among them are James Cameron, Francis Coppola, and Jonathan Demme. Through research and a series of interviews with Corman, the authors trace his humble beginnings in post-World War II Hollywood to his current mythic status as the Godfather of all independent movie makers. Discussed in detail are each of Corman's films as a director -- from such two-day wonders as Little Shop of Horrors to such studio pictures as St Valentine's Day Massacre.
- Author(s)Alain Silver,James Ursini
- PublisherSilman-James Press,U.S.
- Date of Publication28/07/2006
- SubjectFilm, TV & Radio
- Place of PublicationLos Angeles, CA
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSilman-James Press,U.S.
- Content Noteb/w photos
- Weight936 g
- Width280 mm
- Height220 mm
- Spine19 mm
Save on Textbooks
- AU $69.88Trending at AU $71.09
- AU $32.48Trending at AU $38.03
- AU $28.53Trending at AU $29.47
- AU $11.66Trending at AU $14.91
- AU $28.03Trending at AU $30.57
- AU $30.98Trending at AU $39.95
- AU $11.25Trending at AU $14.82
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.