All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionRespected ecomist and journalist Loretta Napoleoni shows how the world is being reshaped by dark ecomic forces making victims of millions of ordinary people whose lives have become trapped inside a fantasy world of consumerism. Napoleoni argues that organisations both private and public have accumulated vast fortunes and ermous political influence by regulating, containing and manipulating the market to their own advantage.
- Author BiographyA woman of the Left who garners praise from Noam Chomsky and Greg Palast at the same time as she is quoted respectfully in Forbes and the Wall Street Journal, LORETTA NAPOLEONI was born in 1955 in Rome. In the mid 1970s she became an active member of the feminist movement in Italy, and later studied as a Fulbright Scholar at Johns Hopkins University's Paul H. Nitze School of Advanced International Studies in Washington, D.C. She began her career as an economist, and went on to work as London correspondent and columnist for La Stampa, La Repubblica and La Pais. Napoleoni is the author of the international bestsellers Rogue Economics: Capitalism's New Reality and Terror Incorporated: Tracing the Money Behind Global Terrorism. She has served as the Chairman of the countering terrorism financing group for the Club de Madrid, and lectures regularly around the world on economics, money laundering and terrorism. Napoleoni lives in London and Montana.
- Author(s)Loretta Napoleoni
- PublisherSeven Stories Press,U.S.
- Date of Publication10/08/2009
- SubjectEconomics: Professional & General
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSeven Stories Press,U.S.
- Weight339 g
- Width145 mm
- Height220 mm
- Spine25 mm
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $115.99Trending at AU $139.68
- AU $62.03Trending at AU $73.00
- AU $68.62Trending at AU $90.31
- AU $32.92Trending at AU $34.88
- AU $37.74Trending at AU $39.42
- AU $17.48Trending at AU $19.81
- AU $16.92Trending at AU $22.15
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.