Rogue Male: Sabotage and Seduction Behind German Lines with Geoffrey Gordon-Creed, DSO, MC by N. Creed, Roger Field, Geoffrey Gordo (Paperback, 2012)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $13.33Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by blacko55
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $6.99+ AU $4.99 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by book_fountain
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis is the untold story of one of the most lethal and successful soldiers of the Second World War - a highly decorated hero as well as a self-confessed rogue. In the tank war in the desert of North Africa, Major Geoff, as he came to be kwn, quickly showed himself a soldier of superb athleticism, unwavering will to win and almost superhuman instincts when it came to survival and outwitting the enemy. Almost incredibly he won the Military Cross on his very first day in action. He fought alongside the SAS in its early days and was with them while they were forging the ruthless fighting techniques that have made them feared throughout the world. He played a decisive role in the Greek resistance to German occupation. While in Greece he also became involved in some of the dirtiest hand to hand fighting of the war. To the men with whom he fought shoulder to shoulder he was 'Saint Geoff', to his enemies he was the devil incarnate, a man who would stop at absolutely thing, and to his critics among the partisans he a was a womanizer, more interested in enjoying himself than killing the enemy.This is an honest account of winning the war t by fair play but by being more ruthless than your enemy. But maybe what is even more extraordinary than his soldiering - its predatory ruthlessness and amorality - is the frank account of sexual adventuring that went with it. This is how the dogs of war really behave when they are let off the leash. 'Thrilling (and even classic)...parachuted as a saboteur into Greece, where he stayed for over a year, doing heroic mischief against the Nazis, and t exactly improving the morals of the local Greek women. There's doubting that this is the record of a hero - albeit one in the Flashman mode.' A.N. Wilson - Reader's Digest 'Major Geoff is a brave, blithe adventurer in ruthless, resourceful action, as opportunistic and vigorous in the theatre of war as in the bedroom' Times'Former army officer Roger Field pieces together Major Geoff's unpublished journals and letters in this uncut version of World War II. Most riveting of all is the Major's account of the destruction of the Asopos Viaduct in occupied Greece - this is Boys' Own stuff at its best.'Daily Mail'War heroes come in all shapes and sizes, but I've rarely come across any as charismatic as Geoffrey Gordon-Creed...A maverick and prodigious womaniser, it's surprise to learn he was a friend of Ian Fleming and was reputedly one of the models for James Bond. ' Mail on Sunday
- Author BiographyGeoffrey Gordon-Creed DSO, MC was born in 1920 and served right through the Second World War, finally retiring as a lieutenant-colonel, aged 28. He was awarded the Military Cross on his first day in action in 1941 on day one of an eleven day battle that saw his regiment almost destroyed. He joined the SAS before being recruited by the Special Operations Executive. He was awarded the Distinguished Service Order for successfully leading a supposedly 'impossible' operation: the first of many. He died in 2002.Roger Field served in the British army for 10 years and saw action with The Blues and Royals in the Falklands. He qualified as a lawyer, subsequently working in the newspaper, TV, magazine and book publishing industries. He is a freelance writer and runs his own literary agency.
- Author(s)Geoffrey Gordo,N. Creed,Roger Field
- PublisherHodder & Stoughton General Division
- Date of Publication12/04/2012
- SubjectAutobiography: Historical, Political & Military
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintCoronet Books
- Content Note2 x 8pp black and white
- Weight274 g
- Width129 mm
- Height197 mm
- Spine26 mm
- Format DetailsB-format paperback
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $17.88Trending at AU $23.55
- AU $67.12Trending at AU $75.38
- AU $32.88Trending at AU $36.70
- AU $37.69Trending at AU $48.07
- AU $30.58Trending at AU $37.48
- AU $20.38Trending at AU $26.52
- AU $29.12Trending at AU $29.58
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.