All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionWhen Leeson was arrested in 1995 for bringing Barings Bank to its knees, it initially seemed as if he had single-handedly crushed the company. Indeed, it was he alone who found himself in the dark confines of a Singapore jail, from where he wrote Rogue Trader. Now updated for the twentieth anniversary of the collapse of Barings, this is his story of a broken system; of a cast of characters blind to anything but profits - whatever the cost. Leeson's tale of boom and bust is an important reminder of the immense power the banking system held and, worryingly, still holds.
- Author BiographyNick Leeson was born in Watford in 1967 and after a stint at Morgan Stanley joined Baring Brothers in 1989. His immediate success led to his transfer to Singapore. The rest is history. In August 1998 it was revealed that he has contracted cancer.
- Author(s)Nick Leeson
- PublisherLittle, Brown Book Group
- Date of Publication22/10/2015
- SubjectAutobiography: Business
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content NoteSection: 16, B&W
- Weight270 g
- Width129 mm
- Height195 mm
- Spine27 mm
- Format DetailsB-format paperback
- Edition StatementDigital original
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $71.18
- AU $13.90Trending at AU $17.77
- AU $94.90Trending at AU $97.55
- AU $29.08Trending at AU $33.18
- AU $30.74Trending at AU $37.07
- AU $23.06Trending at AU $32.85
- AU $71.09Trending at AU $79.99
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.