All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $47.31Trending at AU $49.44
- AU $77.99Trending at AU $116.29
- AU $28.58Trending at AU $31.02
- AU $70.13Trending at AU $77.15
- AU $74.43Trending at AU $76.94
- AU $35.45Trending at AU $39.03
- AU $26.74Trending at AU $37.56
About this product
- DescriptionMore than half a century after his death, Lt Col. Robert Blair Mayne is still regarded as one of the greatest soldiers in the history of military special operations. He was the most decorated British soldier of the Second World War, receiving four DSOs, the Croix de Guerre and the Legion d'honneur, and he pioneered tactics used today by the SAS and other special operations units worldwide. Rogue Warrior of the SAS tells the remarkable life story of 'Colonel Paddy', whose exceptional physical strength and uniquely swift reflexes made him a fearsome opponent. But his urthodox rules of war and his resentment of authority would deny him the ultimate accolade of the Victoria Cross. Drawing on personal letters and family papers, declassified SAS files and records, together with the Official SAS Diary compiled in wartime and eyewitness accounts from many who served with him, the picture emerges of a soldier who, although a flawed hero, was unquestionably one of the most distinctive combatants of the campaigns in the Western Desert and Europe.
- Author BiographyMartin Dillon is also the author of several other books, including The Trigger Men, The Shankill Butchers, God and the Gun and The Dirty War. He has been described by the Irish Times as 'one of the most creative writers of our time'. The late Roy Bradford served with Army Intelligence during the Second World War and subsequently worked as a TV producer and writer. He was the author of two novels, Excelsior and The Last Ditch.
- Author(s)Martin Dillon,Roy Bradford
- PublisherMainstream Publishing
- Date of Publication08/11/2012
- SubjectBiography: Historical, Political & Military
- Place of PublicationEdinburgh
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintMainstream Publishing
- Content Note1 x 8pp b/w
- Weight221 g
- Width127 mm
- Height198 mm
- Spine19 mm
- Format DetailsB-format paperback
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.