All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $33.15Trending at AU $35.14
- AU $72.88Trending at AU $77.86
- AU $8.59Trending at AU $14.07
- AU $32.75Trending at AU $55.58
- AU $91.99Trending at AU $100.05
- AU $82.00Trending at AU $96.28
- AU $59.39Trending at AU $61.38
About this product
- DescriptionThe NATO Advanced Research Workshop Role of Interfaces in Environmental Protection has been held on May 27-30, 2002 in Miskolc, Hungary, under leadership of co-directors Prof Sandor Barany from the University ofMiskolc, Hungary, and Prof Nataliya Klymenko, National Academy of Sciences of Ukraine. The objective of the ARW was to highlight colloidal and biocolloidal aspects of environmental pollution and techlogies to monitor, remediate, abate and prevent pollution. It is kwn that the solution of majority of environmental problems is closely connected with phemena at the interfaces. The behaviour, transport of dispersed particles in the environment, the main phase separation methods in water treatment, purification of liquids, aerosols removal, many soil remediation processes as well as the methods of protection of human organisms from hazardous matters, are based on concepts of colloid chemistry, i.e. properties of interfaces and their behaviour in different media. Examples of these methods are: filtration, ultrafiltration, flotation, coagulation, hetero-coagulation and flocculation, adsorption, adhesion of micro-organisms to surfaces, membrane separation methods, etc. A very important and special aspect of the topic is the human protection using colloid-chemical approaches, i.e. the adsorption, aggregation and adagulation properties of differe~t materials. Examples are: adsorption of hazardous organic materials, drugs, heavy* metals and radionuclides on activated carbon, silica, cellulose derivatives, etc.
- PublisherSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Date of Publication31/01/2004
- Series TitleNATO Science Series IV
- Series Part/Volume Numberv. 24
- Place of PublicationNew York, NY
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Content Notebiography
- Weight781 g
- Width160 mm
- Height240 mm
- Spine29 mm
- Edited bySandor Barany
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
- Edition StatementSoftcover reprint of the original 1st ed. 2003
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.