All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $71.40
- AU $13.75Trending at AU $17.83
- AU $94.90Trending at AU $97.85
- AU $29.08Trending at AU $33.28
- AU $30.74Trending at AU $37.18
- AU $23.06Trending at AU $32.95
- AU $69.55Trending at AU $86.07
About this product
- DescriptionThis volume has two general objectives. First, to identify and quantify the impact of rural financial markets on poor rural households' income and food security. Second, it attempts to give empirically controlled insight into the characteristics and requirements of invative financial institutions and services that are particularly geared towards the rural poor's demands. Cameroon was chosen for this detailed micro-ecomic study because food insecurity and malnutrition are widespread in several regions and invative rural financial institutions and programs can be studied in Cameroon. The results are that availability of savings facilities and access to credit increases income and calorie consumption. The positive income and food consumption effect is shown to be due to increased agricultural output and productivity. Also, complementary services and particularly education play a decisive role in fostering food security.
- Author BiographyThe Author: Gertud Schrieder conducts research and holds lectures in development policy and economics focusing on rural finance and food security at the University of Hohenheim, Germany. She was awarded a Ph.D. in agricultural economics from the University of Hohenheim, where she graduated in 1994. Her graduate studies at The Ohio State University were funded by a Fullbright grant. She is also a consultant for international develpment agencies.
- Author(s)Gertrud Schrieder
- PublisherPeter Lang GmbH
- Date of Publication01/02/1996
- SubjectIndustrial Studies: General
- Series TitleDevelopment Economics & Policy
- Series Part/Volume Numberv. 6
- Place of PublicationFrankfurt am Main
- Country of PublicationGermany
- First Published1996
- ImprintPeter Lang GmbH
- Content Note17 fig., 115 tab.
- Weight440 g
- Width148 mm
- Height210 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.