All listings for this product
Save on Textbooks
- AU $39.95Trending at AU $54.70
- AU $69.88Trending at AU $71.60
- AU $18.90Trending at AU $23.23
- AU $32.44Trending at AU $38.31
- AU $53.34Trending at AU $56.23
- AU $28.48Trending at AU $29.68
- AU $45.07Trending at AU $52.29
About this product
- DescriptionRoll out the Carpet is the story of West Virginia University basketball. This comprehensive history chronicles over one hundred seasons of the game, from the early years of the Tri-State and Eastern Conferences, to the golden era of Hot Rod Hundley, Jerry West, and Rod Thorn, to the Mountaineer's most recent triumphs under coaches John Beilein and Bob Huggins. For Mountaineers, it's t just about winning a prize, trophy or title-it's about work ethic, pride, and loyalty that embodies the spirit of the state. With unparalleled insider access, alumnus and longtime athletic department official John Antonik details the vibrant history of the players, coaches, and fans that created the finest moments of Mountaineer basketball. These pages overflow with accounts of nail-biting tension leading to buzzer-beating shots, thrilling game-saving moments, and rich, intimate details of the superstar players and coaches that built an institution of gold and blue. From the first game in 1904 against rival Pitt to West Virginia's glorious 2010 return to the 2010 Final Four tournament, Roll out the Carpet celebrates the tradition of Mountaineer basketball. With over five hundred never-before-published photographs and articles of memorabilia from the WVU athletic department, university archives, and personal collections, this book is a must-have for any West Virginia University basketball fan. It's a great day to be a Mountaineer!
- Author BiographyA native of West Virginia, John Antonik received a Bachelor s Degree in Journalism and a Master s Degree in Sports Management from West Virginia University. He is Director of New Media for Intercollegiate Athletics, West Virginia University and author of West Virginia University Football Vault: The History of the Mountaineers. With a foreword by Rod Thorn and an afterword by Bob Huggins.
- Author(s)John Antonik
- PublisherWest Virginia University Press
- Date of Publication30/09/2010
- SubjectBall Games: Court & Indoor
- Place of PublicationMorganstown
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintWest Virginia University Press
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations, colour illustrations
- Weight1442 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine26 mm
- Foreword byRod Thorn
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.