All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionMildred D. Taylor's Newbery Award-winning masterpiece with an introduction written and read by Jacqueline Woodson, just in time for its 40th Anniversary! Set in Mississippi at the height of the Depression, this is the story of one family's struggle to maintain their integrity, pride, and independence in the face of racism and social injustice. And it is also Cassie's story--Cassie Logan, an independent girl who discovers over the course of an important year why having land of their own is so crucial to the Logan family, even as she learns to draw strength from her own sense of dignity and self-respect.
- Author BiographyMildred D. Taylor is the author of eight previous novels and has garnered such awards a Newbery Medal, three Coretta Scott King Awards, and a Boston Globe-Horn Book award. She received her Master of Arts degree from the University of Colorado's School of Journalism and went on to work as a proofreader-editor program coordinator for an international house and a community free school. She now devotes her time to her family, writing, and what she terms the -family ranch- in the foothills of the Rocky Mountains.
- Author(s)Mildred D Taylor
- PublisherListening Library
- Date of Publication13/09/2005
- SubjectYoung Adult Fiction
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintListening Library
- Weight191 g
- Width138 mm
- Height161 mm
- Spine27 mm
- Contained items statement6 Audio CDs
- Format DetailsCD standard audio format
- Running Time446
Save on Audio Books
- AU $21.62Trending at AU $27.02
- AU $19.16Trending at AU $24.55
- AU $44.58Trending at AU $48.02
- AU $22.81Trending at AU $28.20
- AU $31.13Trending at AU $34.72
- AU $39.99Trending at AU $48.49
- AU $21.63Trending at AU $24.05
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.