All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $81.40
- AU $166.95Trending at AU $170.82
- AU $105.90Trending at AU $118.00
- AU $98.80Trending at AU $109.01
- AU $104.89Trending at AU $107.40
- AU $49.76Trending at AU $52.58
- AU $92.78Trending at AU $105.95
About this product
- DescriptionThis book deals with wear and performance testing of thin solid film lubrication and hard coatings in an ultra-high vacuum (UHV), a process which enables rapid accumulation of stress cycles compared with testing in oil at atmospheric pressure. The authors' lucid and authoritative narrative broadens readers' understanding of the benefits of UHV testing: a cleaner, shorter test is achieved in high vacuum, disturbance rejection by the deposition controller may be optimized for maximum fatigue life of the coating using rolling contact fatigue testing (RCF) in a high vacuum, and RCF testing in UHV conditions enables a faster study of deposition control parameters. In short, Rolling Contact Fatigue in a Vacuum is an indispensable resource for researchers and engineers concerned with thin film deposition, solar flat panel manufacturing, physical vapor deposition, MEMS manufacturing (for lubrication of MEMS), tribology in a range of industries, and automotive and marine wear coatings for engines and transmissions.
- Author BiographyMichael Danyluk is affiliated with GE Healthcare. Anoop Dhingra is affiliated with the University of Wisconsin.
- Author(s)Anoop Dhingra,Michael Danyluk
- PublisherSpringer International Publishing AG
- Date of Publication03/11/2014
- SubjectMechanical Engineering
- Place of PublicationCham
- Country of PublicationSwitzerland
- ImprintSpringer International Publishing AG
- Content Note3 black & white illustrations, 77 colour illustrations, 17 black & white tables, biography
- Weight438 g
- Width155 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine11 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.