Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $175.43+ AU $4.99 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by whattaplace
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionAn absorbing introduction to Roman art and architecture Roman Art, 6/e helps students gain an understanding of the development of Roman art and architecture across the entire Roman empire. This title deals comprehensively with the architecture, sculpture, painting, mosaics, and the decorative arts of the Romans placing them in their proper historical context. Readers will examine these artworks in the context of the history, religion, and politics of each era, building a fuller picture of how the arts relate to what else is going on in the Roman Republic and Empire. This title is ideal for readers who are studying Roman art for the first time. It assumes prior acquaintance with the classical world, and explains the necessary linguistic, historical, religious, social, and political background needed to fully understand Roman art. MySearchLab is a part of the Ramage / Ramage program. Research and writing tools, including access to academic journals, help students explore Roman Art in even greater depth. To provide students with flexibility, students can download the eText to a tablet using the free Pearson eText app. 0205998380 / 9780205998388 Roman Art Plus MySearchLab with Pearson eText -- Access Card Package Package consists of: 0205239927 / 9780205239924 MySearchLab with Pearson eText -- Valuepack Access Card 0205988954 / 9780205988952 Roman Art
- Author BiographyNancy H. Ramage is the Dana Professor of the Humanities and Arts Emerita at Ithaca College, where she was department chair for eleven years, and where she won the Excellence in Teaching Award. She was a Visiting Fellow at Clare Hall, Cambridge University, and is now a life member of that college. An art historian who specializes in Roman art, she also writes and lectures on the history of collecting, and on the influence of the Romans on 18th and 19th century decorative arts. She was an academic trustee of the Archaeological Institute of America, and was head of their lecture program for several years. She serves on the governing board of the Wedgwood International Seminar, and on the Council of the Graduate School of Arts and Sciences at Harvard University, where she received her doctoral degree. Professor Ramage has worked at the Archaeological Excavations at Sardis, Turkey, for many years, and has written about the sculpture and pottery from that site. Among her numerous honors and awards, she has been a Getty Museum scholar, a recipient of several grants from the National Endowment for the Humanities, and a Fellow of the Society of Antiquaries, London. Andrew Ramage is professor emeritus of the History of Art and Archaeology at Cornell University, where he was previously Director of the Archaeology Program and Chair of the Department. He previously taught at the University of Michigan and the University of Massachusetts in Boston. At Harvard University, where he earned his doctorate, he was keeper of the coins at the Fogg Art Museum. He is Associate Director of the Harvard/Cornell Archaeological Exploration of Sardis, in Turkey, and is writing a book about the houses and workshops of the early Lydians who lived there. He is a Fellow of the Society of Antiquaries of London, and a life member of Clare Hall, Cambridge University. The Ramages have written several books together; they have six granddaughters.
- Author(s)Andrew Ramage,Nancy H. Ramage
- PublisherPearson Education (US)
- Date of Publication03/01/2014
- SubjectThe Arts: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations, colour illustrations, maps, frontispiece
- Weight976 g
- Width216 mm
- Height279 mm
- Spine16 mm
- Edition Statement6th Revised edition
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $85.57
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $72.97
- AU $74.00Trending at AU $85.24
- AU $79.95Trending at AU $91.09
- AU $46.37Trending at AU $48.13
- AU $81.00Trending at AU $84.05
- AU $20.00Trending at AU $28.33
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.