Best-selling in Cook Books
Save on Cook Books
- AU $28.97Trending at AU $36.94
- AU $30.36Trending at AU $33.92
- AU $33.14Trending at AU $37.73
- AU $32.26Trending at AU $42.66
- AU $41.50Trending at AU $42.72
- AU $35.07Trending at AU $36.35
- AU $9.01Trending at AU $12.73
About this product
- DescriptionThis special issue of the American Journal of Philology illuminates the nature and function of food and dining in the Roman world, offering historical, sociological, literary, cultural, and material perspectives. The articles collected here explore topics from diverse fields to analyze Roman culture and material practice, including the dietary practices and nutritional concerns of the Romans, dining and its links to ideology during the early imperial period, public banqueting and its social function in Roman society, and the emphasis placed on the waiting servant in both domestic and funerary settings. The American Journal of Philology is rewned for its role in helping to shape American classical scholarship. Today the Journal has achieved worldwide recognition as a forum for international exchange among classicists by publishing original research in Greco-Roman literature, and culture.
- Author BiographyBarbara K. Gold is a professor of classics at Hamilton College and editor of The American Journal of Philology. John F. Donahue is an assistant professor in the department of classical studies at the College of William and Mary.
- PublisherJohns Hopkins University Press
- Date of Publication01/06/2005
- SubjectNational & Regional Cuisine
- Place of PublicationBaltimore, MD
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintJohns Hopkins University Press
- Content Note29, 29 black & white halftones
- Weight272 g
- Width149 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine12 mm
- Edited byBarbara K. Gold,John F. Donahue
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
- Interest AgeFrom 17
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.