Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $71.40
- AU $13.75Trending at AU $17.83
- AU $31.45Trending at AU $33.28
- AU $94.90Trending at AU $96.53
- AU $69.53Trending at AU $86.07
- AU $18.54Trending at AU $23.02
- AU $29.00Trending at AU $39.16
About this product
- DescriptionThe Roman military remains in Britain are of outstanding importance. More than a tenth of the army's total strength was stationed in Britain, out of all proportion to the size of the province. In the last 30 years new techniques of investigation have been developed and, above, all the sensational discovery of the Vindolanda tablets tells us much about the daily life in a frontier fort in Britain. Focusing on the auxiliary forts that were occupied from the second century onwards, Paul Bidwell looks at: the plans and functions of forts; the everyday life of officers and men; what the study of finds tells us about supply systems; and, how forts were adapted during the decline of the empire. This book is a must for anyone with an interest in Roman Britain.
- Author(s)Paul Bidwell
- PublisherThe History Press Ltd
- Date of Publication01/08/2007
- SubjectMilitary History
- Place of PublicationStroud
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintTempus Publishing Ltd
- Weight460 g
- Width172 mm
- Height248 mm
- Spine10 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.