All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $85.93
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $73.27
- AU $74.00Trending at AU $85.59
- AU $79.95Trending at AU $91.47
- AU $46.37Trending at AU $48.34
- AU $81.00Trending at AU $84.40
- AU $20.00Trending at AU $28.45
About this product
- DescriptionSussex possesses some of the earliest, most important and imposing Roman remains found anywhere in Britain. Starting with the first named resident of the county, Tiberius Claudius Togidubnus, Great King of Britain (with his palace at Fishbourne) and friend of the Roman emperor Claudius, this book reassesses the story of the Roman invasion of Britain and looks in detail at the earliest examples of Roman culture in Britain. Separate chapters look at the religious and social life of the Roma-Britons in Sussex, as well as their industries, customs and architecture. Finally there is a fully antated gazetteer of the best examples of Roman archaeology still visible in the county.
- Author BiographyMiles Russell is the author of four Tempus books, including 'Prehistoric Sussex' and 'Piltdown Man'. A Senior Lecturer in Archaeology at the University of Bournemouth, he regularly appears on Channel 4 'Time Team'.
- Author(s)Miles Russell
- PublisherThe History Press Ltd
- Date of Publication10/04/2006
- SubjectAncient History
- Place of PublicationStroud
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintThe History Press Ltd
- Content Note100
- Weight830 g
- Width172 mm
- Height248 mm
- Spine10 mm
- Edition Statementannotated edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.