All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionRoman Warfare surveys the history of Rome's fighting forces from their inception in the 7th century BCE to the fall of the Western Empire in the 5th century CE. In n-technical, lively language, Jonathan Roth examines the evolution of Roman war over its thousand-year history. He highlights the changing arms and equipment of the soldiers, unit organisation and command structure, and the wars and battles of each era. The military narrative is used as a context for Rome's changing tactics and strategy and to discuss combat techniques, logistics, and other elements of Roman war. Political, social, and ecomic factors are also considered. Full of detail, up-to-date on current scholarly debates, and richly illustrated with 39 halftones and 27 colour plates, Roman Warfare is intended for students of the ancient world and military history.
- Author BiographyJonathan P. Roth is professor of history at San Jose State University. A scholar of Roman military history, he is the author of The Logistics of the Roman Army at War.
- Author(s)Jonathan P. Roth
- PublisherCambridge University Press
- Date of Publication30/09/2009
- SubjectMilitary History
- Series TitleCambridge Introduction to Roman Civilization
- Place of PublicationCambridge
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintCambridge University Press
- Content Note36 b/w illus. 28 colour illus. 5 maps
- Weight540 g
- Width152 mm
- Height228 mm
- Spine15 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $17.88Trending at AU $23.55
- AU $67.12Trending at AU $75.38
- AU $32.88Trending at AU $36.70
- AU $37.69Trending at AU $48.07
- AU $30.58Trending at AU $37.48
- AU $20.38Trending at AU $26.52
- AU $29.12Trending at AU $29.58
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.